My App was approved by Apple today (right now)

Forums Programming cocos2d support (graphics engine) My App was approved by Apple today (right now)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Aorata 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
October 8, 2011 at 3:51 am #235906

Aorata
Participant
@aorata

I was wondering, should I add it to the App Store now or wait?

I want to wait BUT I’ve read that some people had a release date that was a few days after the approval date. And their app didn’t appear on the “new” apps list because the date assigned to them was the approval date by the App Store…

Please help me with this, give me your recommendations or knowledge if you have beeb through this !

Thanks a lot, this community has been great!

October 8, 2011 at 10:51 am #350491

phil_me_up
@phil_me_up

I would suggest waiting so you can get marketing materials in place. Do you have a marketing kit? Do you know who your sending it to?

It’s true that a few people have had weird dates recently but I’m hoping that they were one off cases…. My apps set to release about 2-3 weeks after our approval so really hoping we won’t have a problem (in iTunes connect it does state the release date of the 6th Oxt but availability from the 25th. I’m hoping that’s not how it’s going to actually appear or that would be really bad form from Apple.)

October 8, 2011 at 12:12 pm #350492

vashpan
@vashpan

@phil_me_up: Unfortunately this is exactly what happened to me ;) Approval date 27th, availability 29th, marked on iTunes as released 27th. Totally annoying. And even more weird things right now! Now, Commander Pixman have completely different release date on AppStore: 30th September :D Nobel price for someone who enlighten me in this ;)

October 8, 2011 at 2:00 pm #350493

Aorata
Participant
@aorata

Enlighten me too! anyone have anything to say? this is really worrisome!

October 8, 2011 at 2:19 pm #350494

itlgames
@itlgames

I did delay too a few weeks the release date and all was ok, but, maybe a theory, if you delay just couple of days, then they use the approval date, cos you still fall into the newest releases (but down the list). So according to this theory, @Aorata you should be fine. Keep us posted once is live please.

October 8, 2011 at 2:34 pm #350495

Aorata
Participant
@aorata

@itlgames yeah, what scares me is that it’s just a theory. If I don’t get to the top of the lists it can be dreadful. Because its a new game, I’m not known on the App Store….

I think I will have to apply the “it’s beter safe than sorry”

Still taking any advice you can give me people, how was it for you when you released your game?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.