Global GUI (above scene)

Forums Programming cocos2d support (graphics engine) Global GUI (above scene)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  rudyryk 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
July 20, 2010 at 10:05 pm #223365

reflashed
@reflashed

What do you guys think would be best practice for having a global GUI in a game? For instance let’s say I have a mute button that I want to appear on each of my menus and in-game. Each menu is its own scene as well as the in-game scene. I could recreate the global GUI in each scene, but that seems like a bit overkill, and wouldn’t work well with transitions. Is there any easy way to have this global GUI reside on top of each scene?

July 20, 2010 at 10:17 pm #291237

Verisutha
Participant
@verisutha

I would create a base scene object and then have all my scenes descend from that scene object.

That way I would not have to add it to every scene. It would just be part of any scene I create using that base layer.

Then in the future if I wanted to add other items to the scene in the main hud I could just add it at the base class and it would apply to all of the descendants.

October 14, 2011 at 7:39 am #291238

rudyryk
@rudyryk

I think global GUI would be nice sometimes. Or even necessary by design. It may look nicer when GUI remains untransformed while scene transitions.

I think, it would be a great feature if we can add global CCLayer, which is not affected by scene transitions.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.