[GAME] Swipe Bomb – released!!

Forums cocos2d games [GAME] Swipe Bomb – released!!

This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Zhenmuron 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
May 26, 2012 at 4:26 pm #241829

Studder
Participant
@studder

Finally after hard work our game is released! Thank you cocos2d community.

Description of the game:

BE WARNED: This game is very addictive!

Swipebomb is a simple yet very addictive game

that’s easy to pick up. With just one single finger

movement bombs can be placed in the right area

which makes it appropriate for all ages. Battle with

your friends through Gamecenter and Openfeint

and see who can get the highest score. Download

now and become a worthy Swipebomber!

Also available on iPad

Features:

** 4 different maps!

** Crazy bonus stage!

** Bombcombo’s!

** Gamecenter/Openfeint achievements!

** Store!

** In-app purchases!

Become a fan of Swipebomb on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/SwipeBomb

Follow us on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/#!/swipebomb

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1670W1CjHJ4

http://www.studder.nl

May 26, 2012 at 11:44 pm #378524

capezzbr
Participant
@capezzbr

Nice concept :)

May 28, 2012 at 2:29 pm #378525

Studder
Participant
@studder

May 28, 2012 at 6:05 pm #378526

coldjacket
Participant
@coldjacket

this is taken from a wario or mario ds minigame right. either way congrats on releasing a game.

May 28, 2012 at 7:31 pm #378527

Studder
Participant
@studder

@Coldjacket Yeah you are absolutely right. The main concept we got from that minigame from New super mario bros and we polished it a bit. Hope we did alright. Thanks =)

May 28, 2012 at 7:32 pm #378528

breskit
Participant
@breskit

Having played it a few times I still can’t understand how the game finishes when I place all the right bombs in the right squares.

Graphics look nice though and it works well with good response. Seems I’ve just missed out on what the actual point of the game is.

May 28, 2012 at 9:47 pm #378529

Studder
Participant
@studder

@breskit Actual point of the game is getting the highest high score. There are no levels. At each map at a certain amount of bombs dragged in the right squares the map theme changes. Just think the game mechanics some what like Doodle jump. Try to get the highest score and compete with your family, friends or online.

Thank you.

June 1, 2012 at 7:25 pm #378530

Studder
Participant
@studder

Promo codes for the community please tell which one you took and be so kind to leave a review!

iPhone :

RJTKNWTMMHHH

96R3J46NTR4J

3JF64MXJFWP6

EEKWF36PKH7E

6PMKRMW4Y6LN

N7MYKJA34NPN

EHMRMJL3NA3X

7Y6J9NJ46HX6

J6L77L9XFF3X

J7PWNYAJR6FW

iPad:

PREJXA7PPKER

Y4ETW6XX77A7

NFPXFRP6L6RN

ME43EK9KA7WE

4HKRWET349JN

KTLAMRHMFMFJ

PN3EXWJT3P37

EL7W3PERAJY6

P6MHXNXMWP3F

WJ6NK7H9WKL3

Thank you.

June 1, 2012 at 7:30 pm #378531

mster50
@mster50

I took EHMRMJL3NA3X. Thank you. I will try and leave some feedback soon.

June 1, 2012 at 7:57 pm #378532

pwang
@pwang

I took RJTKNWTMMHHH, thanks a lot!

June 1, 2012 at 8:09 pm #378533

pwang
@pwang

@Studder I agree with @breskit. I think you need to show the # of bombs to beat a map theme (level). However it is a polished game and congrats!

June 2, 2012 at 2:12 pm #378534

Studder
Participant
@studder

@pwang Thanks for the feedback and for the kind words.

** Swipe bomb for the iPhone and iPad is free today **

June 3, 2012 at 8:24 pm #378535

Brian71
Participant
@brian71

I took J6L77L9XFF3X, and thank you for the code. I did manage to crash the app while performing a multi-touch move – essentially moving a red bomb and a blue bomb at the same time. Playing on a 4th gen iPod Touch, iOS 5.1.1

June 4, 2012 at 4:37 pm #378536

Studder
Participant
@studder

@Brian71 oh boy that shouldn’t happen ;). I tested multitouch and didn’t find any problems (using two fingers) did you drag them at a specific point? While they were exploding or almost at the point of exploding? Or just when they are in a normal state?

This week we’re planning to get an update through that will let you see how many items you have ingame and when you go to the next map.

Also when you make a bomb combo +10 you will get an extra small headstart, +15 a life and +20 a big headstart.

Also we doubled the amount of coins you get they are now 2x.

Thank you

June 5, 2012 at 1:21 am #378537

Brian71
Participant
@brian71

When the crash occurred, and it was only once, I couldn’t replicate it, but it occurred when the bombs were in a normal state. Having a lot of fun playing it.

June 5, 2012 at 8:50 am #378538

Studder
Participant
@studder

@Brian71 Ah we found the error. It was in an achievement name in a spriteSheet was all good on the iphone retina and non iphone but on the iPad a capital was misplaced :D. Good to hear you like it :)

June 5, 2012 at 1:39 pm #378539

mster50
@mster50

@Studder

Nice game. I think it has a polished feel. I must admit, however, I do not feel a ton of motivation to try again after a loss.

I do like the sound and music, though. Clever popping sprites when the bomb box is pretty full already, bravo there. I feel like the bomb’s touch bounding box is adequate.

Overall, good work. Maybe include some ways to motivate players to keep playing – there are some innovative things you can do or try in that department.

June 5, 2012 at 10:16 pm #378540

Studder
Participant
@studder

@mster50 Thank you for your feedback. We have an update in review at the moment the update contains :

V 1.1

* Coins achieved from getting combo’s are now 2x

* When you do 8 +5 combo’s there’s a chance you will get an extra life or an extra small headstart

* After 5 +10 combo’s you will get an extra small headstart

* After 3 +15 combo’s you will get an extra life

* At an combo +20 you will get an big headstart

* Progressbar when you go to the next map

* Display frame which displays how much items you got (lives,headstarts etc..)

* Minor bug fixes

For version 1.2 we’re thinking of this so far

V 1.2

* easterEggs

* more achievements

* more maps

* more bonus stages ( different gameplay styles, whack a mole , fruit ninja bonus stage etc..)

* Dualsplitscreen on the iPad for multiplayer.

Yeah we had to do the popping cause we saw a big fps drop when we didn’t.

September 8, 2012 at 8:54 am #378541

Studder
Participant
@studder

★★★ MAJOR UPDATE ★★★

INTRODUCING : POWERUPS!

★ Freeze! – Freeze the screen!

★ Bonus Booster! – Increase the bonusbar with 25%

★ And many more powerups!

★ A lot of bug fixes

★ One new map

★ Improved overall gameplay experience

★ Integrated Tapfortap

Go check it out! And feedback is more then welcome!

December 10, 2012 at 10:24 pm #378542

Studder
Participant
@studder

Swipe Bomb nominated for best music and sound by IGM, http://www.indiegamemag.com/igm-awards-2012-vote/ … give it a vote & RT guys!!

Thanks!

January 25, 2013 at 2:42 pm #378543

Studder
Participant
@studder

We’ve have decided to make Swipe Bomb free with iAds, Admob and Chartboost Interstitial Ads. First day it was free we were already making more money through ads then regular sales.

Also making the game free increased a boost download of 8000 but unfortunately rapidly dropping to 500 – 600 a day.

We are thinking on using some of Crazymikesapps advertising services to get some more exposure but we will see how that goes. We can also recommend GnomeEscape that service boosted our sales and exposure in the USA tremendously with also a lot of positive reviews in the appstore.

New update :

iPhone 5 support

Kamcord integration (record gameplay and share through facebook,twitter and more..)

iAds,Admob

Chartboost interstitial ads

Thanks,

Studder

January 25, 2013 at 2:52 pm #378544

Zhenmuron
Participant
@zhenmuron

@Studder – When you went Payed -> Free with Ads, how did you handle the fact that customers that purchased the game before it went free now receive an Ad version?

January 25, 2013 at 2:52 pm #378545

breskit
Participant
@breskit

Personally I think it’s a shame that for those who purchase the game that, following this update, they will now have to suffer the insult of ads in the game.

Have you not thought of a method that, for those that have purchased the game, that ads do no appear for them?

I would be disappointed that for a game I purchase which was ad free, suddenly dropped to being a free, ad based app.

January 25, 2013 at 3:07 pm #378546

Studder
Participant
@studder

@Zhenmuron Shame on me but we did not handle that.

@breskit You’re very true. We do got some NSUserdefaults which are set prior on installing the game but this will only fix if the user hasn’t removed the app and reinstalls it again. Caught some bugs in this release so will try a way to resolve this or minimize it.

So in the end you are true and this is very dirty.

January 25, 2013 at 3:15 pm #378547

Zhenmuron
Participant
@zhenmuron

@Studder – It’s tricky. I have wanted to utilize the payed -> free strategy because of the large sales boost you get. But I haven’t found a good way to handle it yet. Keep us posted on how players react / if you receive any bad feedback or ratings! But hopefully it will all go well, good luck!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.