[GAME] Bug Off! – Free, Paid, Trailer

Forums cocos2d games [GAME] Bug Off! – Free, Paid, Trailer

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dynex 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
November 22, 2012 at 4:40 pm #245422

Dynex
Participant
@dynex

Hello cocos2d community!

After a long time of learning, hair pulling, and hammering out issues, I am proud to announce my very first game, Bug Off!

Teaching myself about scene management, sprite manipulation, collision detection, sound, particles, and much more, I can say that this will not be my last game. I’ve always been a mobile entertainment fan, and finding that one unique popular app is just a matter of time :P

I want to thank everyone who has helped me, through PM’s and answering my zillions threads (even the stupid ones).

My game is a combination of a shooter and turret defence type. It requires your device’s accelerometer to play. I don’t see many games that take advantage of the accelerometer, so I thought I would take the path less travelled. It takes a bit of practice to get used to, but after 2-3 minutes you will be having lots of fun :)

Remember: Do not over tilt! Only a slight tilt/rotation is required.

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpgHKCitlm4

Screenshots:

Download Links:

[PAID] Bug Off! (currently $0.99)

[FREE] BugOff! Lite

Try out my game, and if you like it please leave a review!

Support Link:

http://cratergaming.com/support

November 24, 2012 at 12:01 am #392534

Dynex
Participant
@dynex

Also, any feedback is appreciated! Thanks!

December 12, 2012 at 7:05 am #392535

Dynex
Participant
@dynex

Bumpppp ….could use another review!

December 12, 2012 at 9:39 pm #392536

MrXY
@mrxy

Looks a bit to complex if you ask me ^^

December 14, 2012 at 5:12 am #392537

Dynex
Participant
@dynex

Thanks for feedback! What about it looks complex?

Basically, you just move the monkey around the hole (by tilting in that direction) and use the fire buttons to shoot down bugs.

Then, if you purchase special abilities, just tap them to activate. For example, there is an ability called “Bug Spray”. When you activate it (by tapping it) an animation will begin, and you temporarily reduce the number of bugs crawling up the hole.

Perhaps I should have included how the user moves the monkey around the hole (instead of just “Accelerometer Action”) in the video…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.