CCRipple3D help needed or bug found…

Forums Programming cocos2d support (graphics engine) CCRipple3D help needed or bug found…

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Panajev 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
January 4, 2012 at 4:42 am #237896

betatester
Participant
@betatester

This might be a bug (if confirmed I will post to the bug tracker) or perhaps it’s just user error.

I found that if I apply a CCRipple3D effect on a child node and move the parent (while the ripple effect is running) – the child node does not move to follow the parent node. (This is true for scaling, moving etc..) Is this the intended functionality?

I should note that the child node will move following the parent node, if the ripple effect is running on the parent node. The ripples themselves don’t move to follow the parent node however (while moving the parent node).

This can be reproduced from the current 2.0 bleeding edge git repo by a couple simple modifications to the testsEffectsTest TextLayer class.

January 4, 2012 at 10:42 am #359931

Panajev
Participant
@panajev

Yes, this is a bug I have also faced and worked around by not running the CCRipple3D effect when the layer was in motion like on a scene transition (which was my case). I have created an issue in cocos2d’s issue tracking system here:

http://code.google.com/p/cocos2d-iphone/issues/detail?id=1289

I think that if you star that bug and mention your problem in a new comment it would be of some help :). Thank you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.