advanced cocos2d physics question

Forums Programming physics: Box2d, Chipmunk et al advanced cocos2d physics question

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cocos2der 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
January 19, 2012 at 1:31 pm #238530

cocos2der
Participant
@cocos2der

I want to make a 2D game with advanced graphics and physics like Cut the Rope and Angry birds. I’ve been working with Cocos2D but have not been able to achieve this. All the Cocos2D tutorials and apps I’ve found don’t really teach the advanced stuff. Could someone please help me, with advice, tutorials or anything that will help me develop high quality Cocos2D games.

January 19, 2012 at 1:40 pm #362674

oisincar
@oisincar

in order to have “advanced physics” you need to use a physics engine like chipmunk or box2d…

there are plenty of tutorials on this online, in particular, check out Ray Wenderlich’s tutorials on the site of the same name.

as for “advanced graphics”, that is just down to being good at creating graphic art.

Oisin

January 19, 2012 at 1:41 pm #362675

breskit
Participant
@breskit

General advice – start with the basics first. Get them working and develop from there.

In terms of turtorials, Ray Wenderlich has done plenty to get every beginner started.

Ray’s tutorials cover the simple Cocos2D stuff, and also physics engines using Box2D or Chipmunk.

Try here as a starting point – http://www.raywenderlich.com/tutorials

January 30, 2012 at 9:18 am #362676

cocos2der
Participant
@cocos2der

thanks for the advice.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.