cocos2d v0.99.0-rc has been released.
New features (from v0.9-beta2):
- iPad compatible: cocos2d and the cocos2d tests work in any screen size (480×320, 1024×768,…) (please read the iPad SDK to learn how to create 1024×768 projects)
- Uses Chipmunk v5.1 and Box2d r39
- New Camera: easier to use, has more features but it also has new limitations
- Improved speed in different components: Actions, Scheduler, BitmapFontAtlas, Camera, Node, Sprite, Touch Handler
- v0.99.0 (final). No new features will be added, only important bug fixes, or opportunistic fixes.
- Scheduler improvements, Blocks and other features will be added during the v0.99 series
This is a Release Candidate version. It means:
- It is not yet the “final” v0.99.0 version.
- Unless there is something totally wrong, there won’t be any changes in the API.
- No new features will be added (unless “opportunistic” ones).
Update: If you see gray borders on your images, please update to SVN r1761 or just replace the CCSprite.m file with this file: CCSprite.m