- Many JS improvements:
- compatible with cocos2d-html5, improved JS API
- compatible with Chipmunk-JS (beta)
- New JS tests/examples: CocosDragon, and reusing all the JS tests from cocos2d-html5
- New ClippingNode
- Added Gesture support for OS X
- Much better integration with CocosBuilder
- “Auto draw” support in RenderTexture (beta)
- Updated 3rd party components (Chipmunk, uthash, SpiderMonkey, jsbindings, CocosBuilder Reader)
- Many bug fixes in different components
Full Changelog: CHANGELOG
Many thanks to all the contributors!!
- This is an optional component. So, you are not required to use it.
- You can create your whole game in JS; or use JS only for basic things and develop the hard-core in Objective-C; or don’t use it at all.
- Should you decide to develop your whole game in JS, you will be able to run it WITHOUT ANY CHANGES in any browser (by using cocos2d-html5) and on Android (by using cocos2d-x)
CocosDragon: 50% developed using CocosBuilder, 50% developed in JS
JS Tests: Do you remember the cocos2d Objective-C tests ? Well, now they are in JS too.
Try the web version: –> JS Tests Web <–
Moon Warriors: Developed 100% in JS.
Try the web version: –> Moon Warriors Web <–
Watermelon With Me: A Physics game developed 90% in JS and 10% with CocosBuilder