I am happy to announce that cocos2d v1.1 beta is available for download:
* Particles: CCParticleBatchNode, batches multiple particle systems in one OpenGL draw call
* Node/Sprite: much faster reordering, adding and removing of nodes and sprites in batchnodes
* Scheduler: support for delay and repeat of selectors
* Textures: support for RGB888 textures
* TileMap: TMX map supports flipped tiles
Release Notes: http://www.cocos2d-iphone.org/wiki/doku.php/release_notes:1_1_0 (includes example usage of new functionality)
I would appreciate if you can test this beta release in your games and report any possible bug that you might find. Thank you.