- OpenGL ES 2.0 support (shaders)
- Better physics integration
- Includes Box2d v2.2.1 & Chipmunk 6.0.1: Templates updated with new best practices
- Much faster Motion Streak
- Improved ProgressTimer
- Much easier to create “Double Resolution” sprites in Retina Display
- Retina Display code rewritten: double viewport instead of position. Everything is in points.
- Improved profiling API
- Simplified Sprite / SpriteBatch source code
- and more
API reference: http://www.cocos2d-iphone.org/api-ref/2.0.0
How to migrate to v2.0: http://www.cocos2d-iphone.org/wiki/doku.php/prog_guide:migrate_to_v2.0
Documentation is still very incomplete. When in doubt, please read the tests’ source code.
This is not an stable release.
I would appreciate if you could test it in your game and report any possible bug that might appear.