We are happy to announce the fourth coordinated release of the cocos2d family. We are releasing:
- cocos2d-x v2.1rc0-x-2.1.3
- cocos2d-html5 v2.1.3
- cocos2d-iphone v2.1-rc2
- CocosBuilder v3.0-alpha4
Our goal is to provide a complete toolchain for developing multi-platform games both for Web and Mobile, all the way from rapid prototyping to a finished high performing game.
- Added support for Spine skeleton animation editor
- uses LuaJIT
- CocosPlayer supports iOS
- updated to SpiderMonkey v20.0
- add many Lua test cases
- plugin-x released
Read more about all the new features at cocos2d-x v2.1.3 release notes.
CCEditboxnow implemented for WebGL and JSB
- Updated CCBReader to latest version
- Improved performance Firefox by about 20%
- Added render mode flag to switch between WebGL and canvas2d
- Added support for Tizen
- Now able to load embedded texture file in a plist
- EGLView now works if canvas is placed inside another DOM element
- Added a Simulator which can be found in MoonWarriors Directory
The work in progress development branch will now be “develop”, while “master” branch will only hold the latest stable release. Please send all pull requests to the “develop” branch from now on.
Read more about all the new features at Cocos2d-html5 v2.1.3 release notes.
- Bug fixes in many components:
- Includes JS remote Debugger (disabled by default)
- Updated 3rd party libraries: SpiderMonkey 20.0, JS Bindings 0.7,
Read more about all the new features at cocos2d-iphone v2.1 release notes.
This is the fourth release of CocosBuilder 3 alpha. If you are using cocos2d-js, make sure that you also update to the latest version of CocosPlayer and check CocosPlayer’s README.md file for information on how to enable the new JS debugger. Please make a backup of all your project files before updating as CocosBuilder is still in alpha state.
- Visual debugger for cocos2d-js projects, works with the version of CocosPlayer included with the source code More info here
- Smart sprite sheets now support different formats for iOS, Android and Web
- Publish and run in browser (for cocos2d-js projects)
- Publisher will ask to save files before publishing
- Many smaller enhancements and bug fixes