We are happy to announce the third coordinated release of the cocos2d family. We are releasing:
- CocosBuilder v3.0-alpha3
- cocos2d-html5 v2.1.2
- cocos2d-iphone v2.1-rc1
- cocos2d-x v2.1rc0-x–2.1.2
Our goal is to provide a complete toolchain for developing multi-platform games both for Web and Mobile, all the way from rapid prototyping to a finished high performing game.
This is the third release of CocosBuilder 3 alpha. When updating please make sure to also update to the latest version of CCBReader and CocosPlayer. You will be able to open old ccb-files with the new version, but it may not be backwards compatible. Please make a backup of all your project files before updating as CocosBuilder is still in alpha state.
- Improved default project structure
- Adds support for sound playback directly from the timeline
- Adds support for callbacks from the timeline
- Improved support for Cocos2d JS
- Skew properties can now be animated (not supported in cocos2d-html5)
- Plenty of bug fixes
Read more about all the new features at cocosbuilder.com.
- WebGL support! Great performance boost on modern browsers
cc.Loadernow supports multiple stage preloading – all tests now preload by multi resource groups
cc.Nodenow uses transform matrix – better performance
- Added Accelerometer support
- Added support for MP4 and M4a Audio format
- Designer resolution for multi resolution support
cc.ParticleSystem, thanks to Ivo Wetzel
- Bug fixes in audio support, file utility, Google Closure compiler, LocalStorage,
cc.MenuItemToggle, actions and
Read more about all the new features at cocos2d-html5 release notes.
- New drawing primitives functions
- Bug fixes in different components:
- Updated 3rd party libraries: Chipmunk 6.1.4, SpiderMonkey 19.0, JS Bindings 0.6,
Read more about all the new features at cocos2d-iphone v2.1 release notes.
- Initial support for Chrome native client support.
- New tool to create multi-platform projects (
- Eclipse integration for Android. Information here.
- Added webp image format support.
AssetsManagerto do auto upgrading. More info here
- Add VS2012 Express template installing support.
- Update SpiderMonkey to Firefox19.
- Improved Lua bindings and test cases
- Synchronize with cocos2d-iphone v2.1rc0.
Read more about all the new features at cocos2d-x-v2.1rc0–2.1.2 release notes.
- Started test automation: 62 automated tests
- Added OpenGL/WebGL tests
- Try the cocos2d tests online
How to run the games and tests
For further information regarding how to run the tests, please visit this page: cocos2d JS tests
Many thanks to all the developers, contributors and testers from the cocos2d (html5, iphone and x) and CocosBuilder communities!