We are happy to announce the fifth coordinated release of the cocos2d family. We are releasing:
- cocos2d-x v2.1.4
- cocos2d-html5 v2.1.4
- cocos2d-iphone v2.1
- CocosBuilder v3.0-alpha5
Our goal is to provide a complete toolchain for developing multi-platform games both for Web and Mobile, all the way from rapid prototyping to a finished high performing game.
- Added support for
XMLHttpRequestand WebSocket on JSB
- Upgraded Spidermonkey to v21
- Added support for Emscpriten and Tizen port, usage of Emscpriten and usage of Tizen
- AssetsManager downloads resources in a new thread
CCLabelTTFsupports shadows and stroke
- Added support for ETC1 image format on Android
- Added many test cases for Lua bindings
- Added more plugins: weibo, twitter
Read more about all the new features at cocos2d-x v2.1.4 release notes.
- Added support for multiple resources loading, please refer to the document Mechanism of Loading Resources for usage. This mechanic is the same as cocos2d-x now
- Optimised “Performance Tests -> Sprites Test”, and increased its benchmark to 220%! Yeah, 2.2 times faster than before!
- Migrated audio (CocosDenshion) API to keep the same as Cocos2d JS API
- Added auto test for NodeTests and TilemapTests
CCTextureCachemember functions such as addImage(path), addImageAysnc(path), removeTextureForKey(key) from using relative path to absolute path
- Added support for particle batch node
Our working branch on github repository (https://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-html5) is moved from “master” to “develop”, while “master” branch will only hold the latest stable release. Please send all pull requests to the “develop” branch from now on.
Read more about all the new features at Cocos2d-html5 v2.1.4 release notes.
CCLabelTTFsupports shadow and stroke
Read more about all the new features at cocos2d-iphone v2.1 release notes.